The tobacco industry has focused more recently on divide-and-conquer strategies to create schisms within the tobacco control movement. The healthy food movement can learn from this by not allowing minor disagreements to distract us from the bigger picture.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free recipe from his new HOW NOT TO DIE COOKBOOK. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from the sales of his books, DVDs, and speaking engagements go to support the 501c3 nonprofit that runs NutritionFacts.org.)
Not only do public health nutrition groups fight amongst themselves, but sometimes they even bed down with Big Food. See Collaboration with the New Vectors of Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/collaboration-with-the-new-vectors-of-disease/).
The True Health Initiative (http://www.truehealthinitiative.org/), spearheaded by Dr. David Katz, is a great example of the strength in unity concept I’m trying to get across in this video. Please consider joining (http://www.truehealthinitiative.org/#/join).
More on unbelievable tobacco tactics in:
• Big Food Using the Tobacco Industry Playbook (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/big-food-using-the-tobacco-industry-playbook/)
• Evidence-Based Nutrition (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/evidence-based-nutrition)
• Food Industry Funded Research Bias (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/food-industry-funded-research-bias/)
• and about the last 20 minutes of my latest annual year-in-review Food as Medicine (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/food-as-medicine)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-healthy-food-movement-strength-in-unity and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/
• Subscribe: http://http://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate