Chinese New Year is never complete without some pineapple tarts. However, commercially made tarts always have a high sugar content. Try the healthier alternative this year, and make your own sugar free pineapple tarts.
For more health tips and tricks, visit: http://www.healthhub.sg/
1. Mix 100g of butter and 30g of honey in a food processor to get a creamy mixture.
2. Add 60g of eggyolk into the processor, and mix.
3. Lastly, to finish the dough, add in flour, and mix. Sprinkle a pinch of salt.
4. Lay the dough between two sheets of baking paper, and roll it out with a rolling pin. Place in freezer to rest.
5. Cut the pineapple into wedges. Grate wedges over sieve to collect pineapple juice.
6. Take out the grated pineapple flesh and place into a pot at low heat. Stir occasionally to ensure it does not get burnt. Cook for 10 – 13 minutes.
6. Dice the remaining pineapple wedges into smaller cubes and place onto a baking tray. Put in the oven at 120 degree celcius for 20 minutes.
7. Take the batter out of the freezer. Using a cookie cutter, punch out the desired cookie base shapes. Place onto a baking tray, and put into the oven, heated at 175 degree celcius, for 9 – 12 minutes.
8. When all have finished cooking, assemble the cookies by balling the cooked pineaple flesh. Press some dehydrated pineapple bits into the balls and place on top of the cookie base.